Party Review....



So.... I got kinda shit-faced at Theta Chi last night and played a bit of set. It really wasn't the best thing ever as nearly everyone had a lame request. At least 5 people needed to hear "Stronger" but there was this one dame who requested Mondo's Alive. I was so taken back at a Tufts chick actually requesting a house track. I played the shit out of it while pissing in a bottle with my back turned to the crowd. All in all the party was a moderate success. Quite a few people bitched about Kanye this and Britney that, but a few came up to me and were really appreciative of my music selection and mixing skills. I also remember agreeing to play some sort of Tufts Dance Marathon or something.

Mondotek - Alive (PH Electro Remix)

There was also an altercation with this brother at Theta Chi (which I didn't realize at the time). He comes up to the booth and screams "play [whatever it was] right fucking now!" I told him he was annoying and to go away. He threatens to throw me out, for the fucking attitude when he was actually the belligerent one with the 'tude. On a sliqhtly unrelated note I lived down the hall from this kid sophomore year, he LOVES Guns n' Roses, and he covered Slash so poorly that Tones and I dubbed Squash. So if Squash is out there "you huff dong." Needless to say I won't be going back to Theta...

2 comments:

  1. keep kicking out those jams, i have had a few gigs where it seem to request night, keep on rocking, by the way, who's ya favorite dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite DJ (at the moment) is Carl Cox though it changes almost daily...

    ReplyDelete