Track Down....



I mentioned in my last post (back in 07) that I've been looking for a couple of hot ass tunes which basically don't exist for us mere mortals. Luckily real DJ's can get whatever they want. Thus, I have some live sets that include said tracks.

Fatboy Slim vs Fergie - Essential Relief Final
53mins / 59 MB / 154 kbps (VBR)

Now, I'd be lying if I told you I knew exactly what the Essential Relief is all about. All I you need to know is that at around 6 minutes FBS drops in the hot fire. The song is Pipi Le Oui - Le Funky Bus. I'm pretty sure Fergie won this whole shebang but I can't imagine why. He certainly doesn't have his funky bus fare. There is no digital release anywhere which really blows because I'm not about to go find a turntable every time I need my funky bus fix.

Digweed & Cox - Essential Mix Space Ibiza
2hrs / 164 MB / 192kbps

This mix is pretty much the bee's knees of essential mixes (well thats not true, see Trentemoller's 2006 EM of the year.) Digweed's set does the typical progressive thing for an hour, (yawn :: scratches himself... and again) But then Carl Cox steps it up to loud pounding techo, or as I like to refer it it ear blow. At about 1:10:50 Carl waves his magic wand producing his signature backspin while simultaneously destroying the entire dance floor. The track being played is Smith & Selway - Work It (Deetron Remix). I don't know why, but I can't find this one either.

RHCP - My Otherside (Benny Benassi Bootleg) [Radio FG Rip]
7min49sec / 9 MB / 160 kbps

I can understand why this track is unreleased. Its basically too fucking hot. The RHCP portion of this bootleg is obviously taken from a live recording, crowd noise and all. I like to play nice n' loud it my bedroom, hold out my arms in the DJ-Jesus pose, and pretend I'm headlining Global Gathering until my mom asks me to turn the track down.

No comments:

Post a Comment