BonnaReview pt. 4


Sunday 6/15

Saturday night went so well that I decided to get shit-faced on Sunday. We spent the morning at camp crushin'... you know beers n' shit. After that was all said and done with we took what was left of our Wild Turkey 101 (major thanks to those dudes from Kentucky who ball'd-outrage with their camping setup and gave us their bourbon, you cats were iiight) and made our way to The Other Tent, as it turns out we stayed there all afternoon.


Ladytron was first. Now I listened to their record and all but it was far to early in the day to properly enjoy a performance like this, they really could have done much much better under the a killer lightshow. Ladytron was a full band fronted by two strangely attractive English dames. Attractive in the same way a super sexy femme-bot would be. Anyway Ladytron's bass felt fantastic. Good stuff.


I napped during Aimee Mann. 10/10 for allowing me chill to the max.


I woke up at some point and drank some more before Broken Social Scene came on stage. I know Feist wasn't with them but that other woman was equally fantastic, though not as pretty. Broken Social Scene tore shit up playing hard, then slow, then fast, then soft, then back to a nice danceable pace. I saw their show when they came by my university about a year ago but the lineup seemed different. I know they tour with anywhere from six to six hundred members but I'm not up on BSS enough to know what the fuck is going on with those wacky Canadians.


We wound up wandering around before settling down somewhere outside That Tent to watch Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival with Derek Trucks. I had no idea who anyone else was on that stage except for guitar god Derek Trucks. The show was nice and mellow, but we only managed to catch the last 15 minutes or so. Nothing to exciting, just some lightly seasoned soul stew.

We argued about whether 5 bucks was worth a ride on the Ferris wheel. The 5 bucks won, I drank beer instead. We watched some of Widespread Panic but decided that seeing them close out Bonnaroo for like the billionth time was too much so we passed out back at camp.

Here are the top 10 songs I managed to catch at Bonnaroo 2008.

Ghostland Observatory - Dancing On My Grave
Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple
Metallica - Creeping Death (Youtube Link)
Ladytron - Seventeen (Soulwax Remix)
Rilo Kiley - Money Maker (Youtube Link)
My Morning Jacket - Dondante
The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely
My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday (Live @ Bonnaroo w/ Kirk Hammet)
MGMT - Electric Feel
Sigur Ros - Sven-G-Englar


I've also been sitting on a couple of post because I didn't want to break up the BonnaReview
Be on the look out for two party reports and new Designer High.. Disco is back kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment