Global In The Dark


I was scratching myself about an hour ago when I realized that something really sweet should be happening pretty soon. Then it dawned on me, the best way to find out where the heavy clam bake is to roll over to Andrew WK's myspace page and find out what he is up to this weekend. Just as I had already assumed, Andrew WK is likely at his very trendy nightclub Santos' Party House but Moby, who is currently my favorite DJ with a mustache, is at Stratford Upon Avon for the annual Global Gathering music and rolls festival. I checked out the full lineup and features some awesome acts including AssGoblin.

After Kanye West failed at Bonnaroo, and blamed the festival organizers for his tardiness calling them "squid brains" or somethin, he more than likely hates festivals that aren't Lollapalooza. As such Kanye and the Global Gathering folk have decided that "due to the sheer scale of production specification needed for Kanye West's performance on this year's live stage he will be the sole artists appearing on the Friday." There you have it, AssGoblin will have all day to set up his video screens and spaceships or whatever. I wonder if Daft Punk claimed the main stage all day back in 06 or whatever.



I've voiced my opinions on AssGoblin on this blog as well as other forums ad nauseam. Let us speak of the dozens of other amazing acts appearing at GG this weekend. As mentioned above we have Moby who is sure to slay the myspace tent. Sasha, Digweed, Tiesto, Sander Van Doorn, Eric Prdyz, Deadmau5, and John Dahlback, will definitely light up the Global Arena. But we already know that all these DJs are super hot shit, isn't the festival experience more about discovering something new and different. If I were going to Global I would be way more psyched about live sets from Speakerjunk and Etienne de Crecy, Lisa Lashes at Polysexual, Yuksek at the Mixmag Terrace, the Shapeshifters at Nocturnal Grooves, local favorites Judge Jules and Micky Slim, and most all Herve. If you have been keeping up with my blog posts Herve has been all over these pages, as well as a shitload of other blogs, in some form or another. Herve also goes by Sinden, The Count of Monte Crystal, and has a side project with Trevor Loveys called Speakerjunk. All his productions are bomb-diggity, especially his remix of Licky which will make any dance-floor go bananas.

Larry Tee feat. Princess Superstar - Licky (Herve goes low remix)

To My Boy - Model (Sinden Remix)

Sinden & The Count of Monte Cristal - Everybody Rocking (Key of Bald Eagle Edit)

2 comments: