2008 CouchChart!


In less than 1 week I will turn 23. Its 2009 and I'm almost a god-damn fossil! As an aging artifact, I've (mostly) out grown the whole maximalist electro-monster-sound. I've begun to dislike (most) Ed Banger-wannbe producers that cram every distorted synth sound available into a 4 minute blog house mess. Furthermore I've started to intensely dislike DJs who fill their sets with said cookie-cutter tracks. Thats right Le Castle Vania, I'm through with you!

Now don't get me wrong... I still love the tits off Phantom pt.II and Oi Oi Oi and the like... but I really need more subtlety and tension built in to my DJ sets. Maybe a shiny little synth blip here and there, a couple funny sounds that make you listen again, a pleasant piano lick, and some sparkly vocals from a lady with pretty hair. THEN I'll be ready for you to drop some Proxy! Electro can be that much harder with just a bit of disco/techno thrown around. See Boys Noize, Erol Alkan, Richie Hawtin, and Brodinski if you want to hear how real DJs craft epic sets. But we're still not getting behind trance ok...?

So.... the following CouchChart isn't comprised of biggest blog-house tracks of 2008. This a list of DJ weapons that fit around (and amplify) those infamous blog-bangers we've grown to love and then hate.

10) Alter Ego - Jolly Joker (DJ Koze's Nuttich Styler Remix)

9) Paris feat. Au Revoir Simmone - Friendly Fires (Aeroplane Remix)

8) Fan Death - Veronicas Veil (Erol Alkan Re-Work)

7) Ajello - Moody Bang (Dicky Trisco Re-Edit)

6) Golden Bug - LookLookLook (In Flagranti Remix)

5) Hercules & Love Affair - Blind (Hotline Remix)

4) Moby - Disco Lies (Dusty Kid's Fears Remix)

3) Sebastien Leger - Venon

2) Audion - Billy Says Go

1) Michael Jackson - Get On The Floor (Holy Ghost! Edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment