The Ill Flood @ 205

I normally never use this blog to talk about myself and what I do. Well, thats not entirely true but whatever, just indulge me for now, I'm having a rough Sunday. I think I came down with the fabled pulled pork BBQ hangover.

I, CouchFire, did DJ set on Friday at East Village hotspot 205 Club. Well, 205's customer service / management was a disorganized mess that nearly rivaled the absolutely atrocious condition of the DJ booth. Mazes of wires, cobwebs on the CDJs (no joke), broken monitors, ground loop humming, and stripped wires made setting up a veritable nightmare. But beyond that I got free drinks, Anna snuck in "unnoticed", and even though I was DJing on top of a milk crate (also no joke), it was still cruisin, I was there with all of my people.

The Presets - My People (D.I.M. Remix)

At around 3 am a very nice young lady comes up to the "DJ booth" and says to me, verbatim-ish, "Hey! you're amazing, can you tell me what the name of this song is?" After a few moments of me shouting into her ear, I directed her eyes to my macbook and pointed to deck B that said:

Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix)

Just a few days prior, my boy Tyrones and I were rappin' about how much we love brunettes with bangs. Turns out this really inspired my DJ set at 205. I opened with The Bird and The Bee, crescendoed with Feist, and ended with La Roux. (Note: La Roux is totally a ginger sans bangs but here at CouchFire we award her honorary brunette bangs for awesomeness)

La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Lets Get Ravey Remix)

And to cap off the whole affair. After DJ M and I packed up our steez, (RIP headphone bag), I heard this water dripping from behind the "DJ booth area." I should also mention it wasn't raining out, and we were very much in the basement. I followed the drip noize, and did some drunken recon... The leak was fairly substantial, it was on the cusp of being a "low pressure showerhead" type situation. Luckily, DJ M reigned it in nicely, he notified the management of the quote-un-quote "Ill Flood". We left. I bet its ankle deep by now.



Sorry about the super shitty/short video, my camera ran out of space. I'll post a live Ill Flood (aka DJ M & CouchFire) mashup laters.

Follow us on Twitter.

1 comment: